Nine Rules of LaStone Therapy
KEY POINT: There are 9 rules in LaStone therapy. Trust in them and follow them to the letter. Also bear in mind that one stroke with a stone is equivalent to ten with your hands - the temperature is there, so use it, and don't spend time trying to generate what you already have.
- Introduce the basalt stones to the body with the back of your hands, demonstrating honor and respect for the stones and the client receiving the temperature.
- Firm pressure with continuous movement to prevent burning the client.
- Flip the stones every few seconds to prevent burning yourself and offering the warmest side of the stone to the client's body.
- Hold the cold stones directly over the isolate area of the body that needs attention.
- Ask the client to "breathe". Apply firm pressure with NO MOVEMENT. HOLD AND WAIT for another breath or two.
- Flip the stones and HOLD AND WAIT for another breath or two; then you can begin to move in an isolated area that requires the reduction of inflammation, congestion or blockages within the systems of the body.
- The use of heated stones.
- The use of chilled stones.
- The application of alternating temperatures via stones to bring about a chemical response within all systems of the body.